27 March 2012

Seaside feeling with nautical home decorations


Sail away, sail away!
I absolutely love everything nautical, and the dream would of course be to live right on the seaside.
That is unfortunately not the case at the moment, so therefore I'm going to have to bring the sea to me!
There are a lot of ways you can decorate your home to achieve that nautical feeling. The basic essentials are of course the colours navy blue and white.
I love the way people bring in real nautical artefacts to their homes, such as a steering wheel from a ship to hang on the wall as decoration, or how they are using part of a rowing boat as a bookcase. Just look at this amazing livingroom below!

An easy way to make a livingroom or a bedroom a bit nautical looking is by decorating with cushions.


I grew up by the sea, so now when I live in the middle of the country it's just natural for me to have a room in the house dedicated to the nautical decorating style. Do you want to know which room it is... the guest toilet! I was inspired by the round window in that room - doesn't a round window make you think about a boat window?! I've put in lots of tiny little nautical decorations in that room, and I even painted a 3-piece nautical painting which you can see on my art blog.

This just proves that any room in your house can be decorated in a nautical style - even the WC!

1 comment:

  1. The rowing boat bookcase is absolutely genius - I think I'll be popping to the local park's lake at the weekend to drag one home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...