5 March 2012

Rococo mirror - Expensive high-street vs. Budget

The Rococo era is one of my favourites. I love all the swirly and dramatic patterns inspired by nature itself.

The latest thing I've been looking for for my house is actually something to put in the bedroom on a big empty wall (the boyfriend finally took the massive TV down! Who needs a TV in the bedtroom?! Talk about killing the mood...) and I was thinking that this mirror from Next would look perfect on that particular wall (comes in black or silver). --->

I think it's absolutely gorgeous, and I would do anything to have it... except pay £100. One hundred pounds?!! Are they serious? I'm sorry, but it's just not worth it...

The other day I went to IKEA to buy a fancy looking toilet seat for our new flashy bathroom, and I spotted this Rococo frame for only £24.99 (Ung Drill). 
<---

It is pretty much identical to the frame of the mirror from Next, except the IKEA one is just a frame - not a mirror. You could easily swap the glass in the frame for a piece of mirrored glass though.

So my budget tips for today: Pay £24.99 + a cheap piece of mirrored glass instead of £100 for a complete mirror.
You don't have to thank me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...