23 January 2013

"Pillow chocolate" review for Millennium Hotels



A bit of a random post, but this is the case; You know when you stay at a fancy hotel and there is a piece of chocolate placed on your pillow, or on your coffee tray… Who decided for that exact type of chocolate to be the official hotel chocolate? Well, I just got the chance to have a say in this!



I, along with other UK bloggers, have been selected to review and rate luxury chocolate from Hotel Chocolat for the hotel chain Millenium Hotels. Exciting stuff! I was sent a selection of chocolates that me and my boyfriend happily tried out this weekend. These were in the goodybag:



Salted caramels - oozingly soft caramel filled chocolates beautifully balanced with a pinch of sea salt.
Drops gemstones - pure chocolate fusions of white and dark chocolate that melt on the tongue.
Billionare's shortbread - a generous blend of chocolate, caramel, cookies and silky smooth praline.
Eton mess - a timeless classic with strawberry and vanilla chocolate, cookies, meringue and strawberry pieces.
Smiley face lolly - solid milk chocolate lolly.



Let’s start with my least favourite out of these 5; the salted caramels were really not for me. 1 – cause I’m not a fan of caramel, and 2 – they were salty?! Not a hit for me, but my boyfriend rated these as his favourite. Also, the Eton mess… it was way too sweet, and didn’t taste like chocolate at all, so I don’t know why they call it chocolate.



Over to my favourite! The billionare’s shortbread! It was delicious! Yummy, with both crunchy and soft bits in it. What a dream! I definitely vote this one as Millenium Hotels’ new official “pillow chocolate”!

An honourable mention though to the drops gemstones which were very yummy and just melted on your tongue.



I just wanted to show you these pretty cups in which we enjoyed our coffee to go with the chocolate. These pretty bohemian looking cups are from the Swedish interior and fashion shop Indiska. If you’re a fan of colourful things with bohemian and Indian inspired patterns this shop is definitely for you.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...