5 July 2012

Decorating with alternative materials

I came across this image on Pinterest the other day, and I fell in love straight away! I’ve got a kind of obsession for antique looking wall clocks, and this – combined with a birdcage – is such an unusual design. It made me start thinking about decorating your home with metal… it’s not a very common material to use indoors. I have looked around a bit and I’ve found a couple more ideas that I really like.

This hanging crown-like lantern in rusty metal can be used both for candles, or in this case – for plants. Such a simple idea with such an exquisite result. It gives a feeling of country living, and creativity.

This metal tray on simple foldable legs is a bit of a north African/Arab style I would say. Add a few patterns and it would look very authentic. But as it is now it’s more of a western take on the oriental/African style. Together with the stacked metal chests and the massive metal lanterns, this is a room that screams minimalistic alternative style. I would say it’s very daring to decorate a room solely with such a cold material as metal – but this just proves that it’s completely doable, and the outcome is stunning.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea using metal in this way in the home. Like you say unless it's brass or copper it's unusual to see this material used to decorate the home but you've given me some good inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...