8 October 2013

Recycle old doors as decoration

My latest décor inspiration is antique doors.

I’ve come across so many pretty DIY posts about them lately that I thought I’d show you my favourite ones.

Enjoy, and be prepared to get inspired!
 I think it's absolutely brilliant to recycle a door as a livingroom table. It gives the room a more interesting feeling. Just watch out for where you put your glass on an uneven surface!

In this case, the table reminds me of a bar table. It looks amazing paired with those metal bar stools.

This beautiful white door is being used as a dinner table. To avoid accidents, the owner has chosen to add a piece of glass on top, to even out the surface.

 Spice up your bedroom with a door headboard!

 You don't have to be creative with an old door. You can simply use it as decoration as it is, and just hang it up on the wall, or alternatively lean it against it.

Have you gotten your hands on an antique window door? Why not make it into a quirky bookcase? 

 ... or perhaps stick a mirror in it and place it in your hallway?

 A great way of making the best use of an old door with a window in it is to make it into a giant photoframe. In this case, it's also being used as a coat hanger.

Do you like the idea of recycling old doors? Which idea is your favourite?

1 comment:

  1. could you kindly give me a step by step on how to make my own photoframe door and coat hanger please?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...