24 October 2012

Italian design

When you think of Italian design the first thing that pops up in your head is clothes or cars… Am I right?
However, Italian designed furniture is hugely popular as well. This is just a short and sweet post to tell you about an Italian designer collection I discovered recently. It’s called Porada. (I wonder if the resemblance to Prada is just a coincidence…)


I like the whole thing about the quirky shapes, with the “windswept” effect and the asymmetric look. Have a look below for some great pieces of furniture;

The "Cell" bookcases from Porada are circular open framed tables in different height, that look great grouped together.
 This solid ash bench is super stylish with its slender seat and curved slatted open ends.
 
I must say these free standing open back bookcases in white walnut are my favourite! The asymetrical shapes are just my style.

After having browsed through the Porada collection I've realised that the minimalistic and stylish designs remind me quite a lot of Scandinavian furniture design. It's all about wood as the material, with sleek and simple shapes. These coat stands are absolutely fantastic, and would fit right into a contemporary home.
What do you think of this solid wood dining chair with a curved back and legs? I'd say it has a bit of a playful feel to it, and a "windswept" look.
"Infinity" coffee table with wooden base and glass surface. I'm not too keen on glass furniture, but I'm absolutely sold for that curved wood!
Last but not least I wanted to show you this Domino TV stand, which is part of Porada's modular shelving range. It's made from floor and wall fixed vertical poles with a choice of shelves that are fixed to the pole. Amazing, or what?!

3 comments:

  1. The bench! So cute!

    Long time no post :( Maybe Zara's home collection can serve as inspiration ;)

    A Preponderance of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres some really great pieces on this post!!!

    Hattie, @peppermintplace

    http://peppermintplace.blogspot.co.uk/

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...