10 November 2014

Adding cosiness to a room with fairy lights

I recently wrote a blogpost about my new white metal daybed that I assembled and styled to fit my arty room in the house. This room is decorated with a lovely olive green hue, along with some dusky purple details, so the throw and the cushions on the bed obviously had to match these hues.

My latest addition to this room is a lovely set of fairy lights from Cable & Cotton. I realised when I got the bed that I needed some atmospheric lights in the room if I was going to have guests around – the ceiling lamp is just too bright – and Cable & Cotton came to the rescue.

The fairly lights are made of little handmade balls of thread, which you can custom order in the colours you want, so I opted for dusky colours of green, pink, grey and lilac that would match the rest of the room. You simply pop the balls on the light bulbs yourself, and can therefore decide exactly how you want your lights to look. If you’re not happy with your original combination you can just take the balls off and move them around until you’ve got the result you want.

I’ve also hung a couple of white wooden mini shelves on the wall this weekend. I’ve had them for ages but couldn’t decide where I wanted them, but once the lights were up I found a great spot for them. There’s not much you can keep on these small shelves, but they’re only really there to look pretty. I got the idea of placing some colourful books on them though, which I think looks quite cute.

Again, matching everything to each other. Lamps, books, cushions... (this cushion is from Primark's home section) 

...and my Swedish panel curtains as well, of course! These were a birthday present from my sisters a couple of years ago, and I absolutely love them. I also find it hilarious that my English friends don't see the point with them since you can't cover the window with them. But us Swedes are all about letting in as much light as possible in our homes!

This is what my Cable & Cotton lights look like when they're lit - very cosy, and I think any guests staying in this room moving forward will be very happy with the whole room in general. 

2 comments:

  1. Your arty room is beautiful and the Cable & Cotton lights fit perfect in it :) lovely colour you picked ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've popped over to see your lights in action - they look fab! They match your room colour scheme perfectly and it looks like a lovely space for guests.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...