26 July 2014

The wonder of wall murals

 
3 years ago I painted this olive green tree on one of the walls in our spare room, and I got so many positive comments about it from friends, family, and even strangers online. A few people even contacted me through my blog and asked if they were allowed to use my tree as a stencil.
Of course I said yes!

I was browsing wall murals a while ago and came across this tree, which looks very similar to my own tree. Freaky! I swear I have never seen this particular tree before, but I guess there are lots of wall decor trees of this style, since it looks a lot better when the branches are swirly and lack tons of leaves.
Trees especially, are very  popular motives for wall art, especially when it comes to children's rooms. Now you don't need artistic skills to be able to decorate in this way though, but you can simply opt to invest in a wall sticker or wall mural.

For those of you who don't know what a wall mural is, I can tell you that it's basically a better quality wallpaper with an image printed on it. It still comes in rolls, so you'd have to match the strips yourself. But don't worry though - since you custom order the wall mural to the size of your wall it is really easy to put them up. Usually you'd only have the wall mural on one of the walls in your room, and have that wall as a focal wall. Would you not love waking up with the forest right next to you every morning? This particular forest motif wall mural is from I Want Wallpaper.

If a nature motif isn't your cup of tea, perhaps you'd be more interested in a city image? There are so many choices out there - from city skylines to famous landmarks such as the Brooklyn Bridge or the Eiffel Tower. I've fallen in love with this narrow town street framed by cream coloured buildings. It goes really well with the colours of this livingroom. Amazing!

Of course, you wouldn't have to go for a specific motif at all, but you  might just want something abstract,  such as a brick wall, or in this case a wall that looks as if it's covered with drift wood.
Some online wallpaper stores even offer to print your own photos on wallpaper, so in theory you could have your face blown up to the size of a wall, as long as the photo is of good enough quality. The choices are endless...

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic wall murals. Love them all, and thanks for sharing, will keep visiting then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you purchase these murals ? Particularly the city image?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...