24 June 2014

Create beautiful greeting cards with the embossing technique


This machine arrived in the post the other day. The crafty people amongst my readers will probably already know what it is, but for the rest of you I can tell you that this is an embossing machine. I had actually never used one of these before so I was quite excited to try it out straight away, although, I wasn’t exactly sure how. However, it’s actually really simple to use this machine to create stunning greeting cards, and it’s a fab addition to a crafty girl’s collection.

I’ve worked with a lot of other card making techniques before, including stamping, scrapbooking, using a heat gun to melt glitter into different patterns, etc., but not this. Just have a look at my little collage below on the few easy steps to use this embossing machine fromSizzix.


First you simply need to decide what papers you want to use. This machine actually comes with a beginner’s kit if you buy it at Hobbycraft, including great sized double cards in white and cream, as well as a bunch of different coloured mini papers, so it’s easy to mix and match as you want.

Cut the coloured piece of paper into the size you want (I’ve chosen to keep the original size for this particular card), and place it in one of the texture impression embossing folders (there are 3 to choose from with a few different patterns). You can of course emboss the actual white card as well, which you can see that I have done if you take a closer look.

Place the folder with the paper in between the two black plastic embossing pads, and place them in the machine. Simply turn the handle on the side of the machine until the pads come out on the other side, open up your folder, and…
…Tada! It’s as simple as that.

Now to the actual building of the card itself. I’ve simply used normal Pritt stick to glue the pieces of paper onto the cards. I also added a light purple satin band to the side of the card to match the purple embossed paper, which I attached with a mix of Pritt stick and super glue.

Now all you have to do is sign the card, pop it in one of the accompanying envelopes, and give it to one of your loved ones.

What do you think? Would you be up for trying the embossing technique for yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...