14 May 2014

Freshen up your home with scented candles

When I’ve talked about interior decoration before, a lot about it is about candles and candle holders. I can’t get enough of them, and I always try to match them with the rest of the interior. When the candles aren’t lit they simply match the room, but when you light them – as you know – they change the atmosphere of the whole room. There’s nothing cosier than a Friday night in with some lit candles and music :)


Anyway, so when the lovely people at Scented Candle Shop asked if I wanted to review some of their offering, I jumped to the chance! The first item I chose was a classic Yankee candle in a jar. I went for the medium size, but cared more about the colour of the candle rather than the smell, as I wanted it to match my purple bedroom. This scented candle is called Midnight Oasis, and leaves a subtle but absolutely lovely smell that reminds you of summer and holidays.


The second item I chose is not a candle, but a room diffuser. I’ve never had one of these before, but have always been curious about how they work. The one I picked is by the brand Bolsius and has a scent of Lily of the Valley – super fresh and gives you lots of spring feelings! I’ve placed it on a shelf in the livingroom, so everytime you walk in the door after having been out of the house you are met by this lovely flowery smell. You don’t light a room diffuser, but the oil in the bottle spreads its scent through the wooden sticks you place in it. For a boost of scent you can simply flip the sticks around after a few days or so.

I also picked out a few wax melts of different scents from the brand Colony as well. These are supposed to be melted in an oil burner with the help of a normal tea light, and your room will be filled with a lovely smell.

Although, I’m also using these wax melts for an alternative use. Since they give away a lovely scent without being burned, I’ve simply popped one in a jewellery bag (without the plastic film on, obviously) and I’ve placed it in a drawer of clothes so that my garments will smell fresh when I get them out to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...