1 April 2014

Mediterranean salmon recipe

I aim to write more about cooking on Home Decorista, and the first recipe I want to share with you is a Mediterranean inspired salmon dish.
This dish is easy peasy and is no effort at all. You’ll need 10 minutes to prepare it, and then you just put it in the oven.

This is what you’ll need for 2 portions:

Salmon and toppings
2 salmon fillets
1 tub (300 ml) of crème fraiche
Fresh basil
Half a pack of feta cheese (or other Greek salad cheese)
Sundried tomatoes (as many as you want)
2 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper

Sides
As for the sides, I usually go for some potato wedges and asparagus.

Start by preparing your salmon fillets – I get really disgusted by the skin so I always cut this off and give the fillets a quick rinse to make sure there is no fish scale left. Put the fillets in an oven dish.


Chop and crumble all your ingredients for the salmon topping, add a little bit of salt and pepper and mix it all in a bowl. After that, simply put the topping onto the raw salmon fillets. 
simple salmon recipe

As for the potato wedges, I really like to keep the peel on the potatoes as it gives them some extra flavour. Chop in even-ish sized wedges, and put them in an oven dish. I tend to add both some liquid butter and oil to the potatoes, as this makes them nice golden brown without burning or sticking to the dish. I like to add some chunky bits of salt as well, and am using the salt and pepper duo grinder by Ozeri.
 
The potatoes need to bake in the oven for about 50 minutes on 225 degrees Celsius, and the salmon on the same temperature but for about 30 minutes.
I tend to serve it with boiled/baked asparagus, which you can simply throw in the oven for 10 minutes when you know your potatoes are almost done.

Result: A yummy a flavoursome Mediterranean dish that is super simple. And for all you people who aren’t fans of fish – don’t worry! I don’t usually like fish, but the topping ingredients completely takes away any fishy taste.

On a weekend, I like to have a nice glass of wine with my meals, and this dish goes perfectly with white wine. The wine I’ve chosen for today is a Grüner Veltliner by Ebner-Ebenauer. An Austrian wine that’s very fruity and fresh. Or what I’d like to call an “easy to drink”-wine. 

I couldn't get a goof photo of the result of the finished dish as it got dark before it was ready. So you're just going to have to trust me when I say this dish is delicious! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...