28 January 2014

Afternoon tea at Creams

A couple of weeks ago I went gor afternoon tea at Creams in Huddersfield. I had never heard of the place before I went, so I didn't actually know what to expect. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the look and feel of this place - very posh, to say the least.
The cakes in the display window looked absolutely immaculate, and I just wanted to eat them all! However, that's not what we were there for. We had actually gotten this Groupon deal to go for afternoon tea, so there were 2 different set menus to choose from - the classic British afternoon tea with sandwiches, scones and cakes, or the Eastern afternoon tea, which had swapped the classic sandwiches to a "naanwich". I went for the latter, and it was absolutely gorgeous! It consisted of a grilled chicken breast with salad and mango chutney sauce. With this we had a wide range of coffees or teas to choose from.
The interior of Creams was so beautiful. I especially liked the big old-fashioned piano by the entrance, as well as the shiny chandelliers.
This was also the first time I tried macaroons. I've always looked at these funny shaped cookies and wondered what they were like. My opinion? Heavenly! I had the lemon one, and now I just can't wait to buy an electric whisk so that I can start making them myself! The 3-tier macaroon cake below might be a bit too much for me though...
I had a lovely day out, and was very impressed with Creams in Huddersfield. I would definitely go back again, and if someone asked me I would more than recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm this looks lovely! I definitely might have to pop along here soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...