12 December 2013

Gorgeous console tables

My latest furniture crush? Console tables!

We're just in the middle of DIY-ing at home, and have ended up with a small wall where there was formerly a door. What to do with this space?

Initially, I wanted to put up a massive baroque mirror to fill this space and making our landing look bigger, but my boyfriend doesn't trust in the thin wall being able to handle the weight of that. Therefore, I'm now thinking in the line of a console table.
So what is a console table? It's one of those small and very narrow tables that you place along a wall, usually in the hallway or in the livingroom where you're lacking space. Sometimes they have 4 legs, but other times only 2, in which cases you have to secure the back of the table to the wall. It's a table on which you place decorative items such as lamps or candle holders. Pointless, some might say, but these tables really adds a nice feel to a room. 

For example, I've seen people place them behind the sofa in the livingroom when the sofa is placed in the middle of the room. That way, the table hides the less attractive back of the sofa, and it makes your livingroom more cosy.
I recently spotted the below console table at Rodgers of York, and I'm in love! It's just the perfect amount of shabby chic with its white legs and wooden surface. I really love it! It would either go really nice by my new wall-addition, or in my future dining room that we're still planning to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...