24 July 2013

The importance of lighting



Did you see my last post about the designer lamp that turns your room into an enchanted forest?
While we’re on the topic of lamps I thought I’d look into everyday lighting a bit more. 
I never used to care much about lamps – they only light up a room, right? Wrong! A lamp can make or break a room, and lighting is so much more important than you might think.
I actually used to work in a lamp warehouse in Sweden a few years back, and after that I got a bit of an obsession with lamps.
Let me show you 3 types of different lamps, and share my opinions about them.

The chandelier
 
My absolute favourite type of lamp is the chandelier. This is such a beautiful piece, that doesn’t just work as a source of light, but that adds a stunning decoration to a room as well.
A chandelier becomes the centre piece of a room, and works perfect in a dining room. It adds a feeling of status and romance with its Baroque style swirls, and often mezmerises your dinner guests.


The bamboo floor lamp
 
This is a timeless lamp that goes with everything, but that might have a bit of a bohemian twist. With its natural hues of cream, beige, brown or black this floor lamp matches absolutely everything, and blends in nicely to a living room.

The brushed metal ceiling lamp
 
Want to achieve an extremely contemporary style with clean lines and a ‘cold’ feeling? Opt for a brushed metal pendant lamp. This would be a great addition to a modern kitchen, and could give you a bit of an industrial feeling. 

3 completely different lamps, that are all quite versatile. Which one is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...